Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Doubt

It's easy in facing a long adoption process to have moments where doubt creeps in. Where you wonder if you're doing to right thing, if your ready, if you can handle this process... but I realize that those also tend to also be the moments where I've turned my gaze inward (or to the world of skeptics and negativity) instead of outward toward God. And... it's also when I've stopped thinking about all of this from our waiting child's perspective. I have to step back from my emotions sometimes and remember that this was laid out so clearly for us and God is in control. He knows what we can handle and is empowering and growing us to be able to handle what's next.

If your reading this (not many are!), please pray for us... and more importantly pray for the one who is waiting on us to fight this fight (and wait this wait) for her.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying and so proud of you for following the plan God has for you and for your beautiful family! I'm so thankful to have a friend who we can lean on in a couple of years to help guide us on our own path to bringing home baby #3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet Jessica, thank you!

    ReplyDelete