Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting on 797!

Homestudy approval.... check!
i800 sent out & recieved.... check!
Fingerprinting downtown. for both BJ & I.. check!

USCIS Buliding where we went for fingerprinting last week

And now we just wait to be assigned a USCIS officer, which I'm expecting will happen about a month from now (or a little later). The good news is that once we have an officer we should have our approval in a day or two. I'm thrilled because it seems like this part of the process is going quickly enough that I don't expect we'll have issues with our medical paperwork expiring.

BJ asked me the other day why I haven't blogged in a while, and what it comes down to is that this part isn't all that exciting! But, for our little one who might be interested in these details, I'll keep writing!

The bottom line is, that we are getting SO close to the next major step in this process, which is being DTC (Dossier to China)! Then we have to wait for our dossier (the collection of documents needed to adopt) to be "logged in" in China, which could take another month wait. THEN... the wait to be matched really begins. That wait could take up to eight months (putting us matched anywhere from October 2013 to May 2014). Of course I want for us to be matched quickly! But I know that God has one little one in mind for us, and that HIS timing is perfect to make it possible for us to find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment