Friday, July 25, 2014

The One About Sleep... Updated!

Since my last post about sleep, we're doing so much better! We're feeling out of the "newborn" phase! BJ and I have a pretty steady routine with them now...
  1. Bathtime
  2. Line the kids up in the hallway to brush their teeth... Lainey's favorite part
  3. Storytime 
  4. Prayers (my to-do list now includes sneaking a photo of Lainey praying... it's the cutest! She folds her little hands and closes her eyes really tight... then proceeds to "peek" over and over to see if the prayer time is done).
  5. The boys go into bed, and Lainey gives them each a hug, blows them kisses and says, "Nigh Nigh"
  6. I then head with Lainey into her room and lay next to her on the air mattress until she falls asleep. Sometimes this can take a long 45 minutes (which includes getting poked in the face a lot by her little fingers, and lots of "no, it's time to sleep" and laying her back down)... but other nights like tonight she's out after about 10 min. 
  7. Once she's passed out, I put her into her crib where she stays and sleeps pretty well every night until the morning. 
Sometimes I just have to remind myself that even though sometimes it feels like she's been with us forever, it's still only been a couple of months. We tried once just laying her in her crib and skipping the part where I stay with her until she falls asleep... total mess. She's just not ready for that, and it's not a big deal to lay with her, so that's what we'll do until she's ready.

I don't have any relevant photos... but I do have this pretty cute video (ignore "Tangled" in the background) of Ezra and Lainey hugging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment