Sunday, November 30, 2014

Baby, all I want for Christmas is YOU

It’s a amazing to think what a difference a year makes. This time last year, as we set up our Christmas, Lainey was heavy on our hearts as we ached to bring her home. The theme of our Christmas became for me, “Baby, all I want for Christmas is YOU”. At that time we hadn’t seen her face yet, or given her a name, but we were well on our way in our adoption process and eagerly awaiting “the call”.



But our waiting hearts have never been what this is all about. Lainey was the one really waiting. But she was the one with no Mommy or Daddy. No family. No special Christmas day. And now, with every decoration hung I remember how far she’s come, all she’s been though, and how blessed we are to be the ones to call her ours this year at Christmas and for the rest of our lives. And I am overwhelmed with gratitude. 



And so... if you catch me happy crying this December on I-74 with Maria Carey at full volume… just look away and know... ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment