Thursday, November 15, 2012

Up All Night


I've been up in the middle of the night lately thinking of our third child, but not in the way you might expect. Since tooth number 5 appeared in Ezra’s mouth we've had a small setback in sleep. He has for a while gotten up about 5 am, but now a 1am feeding has been added back in. Our pediatrician has recommended turning off the monitor, and I know at his age (1 week shy of age 1) he would be fine. After just a couple of nights the 1 o’clock wake time would taper off. But every time he cries in the night I think of the book “Adopted for Life”. The author talks about how when he and his wife arrived at the orphanage they were struck by how eerily quiet it was. A building filled with children should be loud, but this place wasn’t.  The children had learned to stop crying out, as no one would be coming to comfort them. It completely breaks my heart to know that possibly this will be the story of our third child's first years.


The sweet face I get to see at 1 and 5am






















And so I come to Ezra when he cries, even at 1am, and pray for our little one who will not have me there when she needs me. 

Oh how I wish this world was not so broken.


No comments:

Post a Comment