Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sparrow

I'm sitting here perched next to my bedroom window for the second day in a row - working from home - with a view of our mailbox waiting on our mail carrier to perhaps bring this one sheet of paper I might be interested in seeing.

And this little sparrow flies by and lands on the window sill in front of me. She waits, looks around, sits for a while, and then flies off to our roof. I am brought back to a time not so long ago when I found myself spending day after day in this room (adding up to four months) while on strict bedrest with Ezra. The same thing happened - just once in four months. A sweet little bird and a sweet reminder of Luke 12:6-7 and Matthew 6:26.

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I actually, for a hot minute a month ago, wanted to name our daughter Sparrow. (Don't worry, BJ quickly vetoed it.)  :) I just love knowing this - that while I can't be with our daughter - I don't know where she is or how she is, but God knows. His eye is on her, and he loves her so much. 

He is also the one who set this plan in our hearts to bring her home and into our family - and he will see it through. Delays to us, I know, are very likely the plans of God to make sure we find our way to the one precious little girl he has planned for us.

So today, I will thank God in all things. Even delays.

(Yes, that's crayon on our window - the artwork of our Ezra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment