Friday, September 6, 2013

Indy!

It's been over a week now that we finally got that LAST piece of paper needed to complete our dossier for China. That paper, the "I-797" is our approval from the US government to adopt from China. And just about 20 minutes after my last blog post, it arrived. :)

I saw our mailman drive by (from my perch), and RAN downstairs and out the front door. The boys were being watched by our friend Amy (as I worked from home that day). I found the boys in the driveway and we walked together, hand-in-hand down our long driveway to the mailbox. I wasn't expecting to find this sweet moment with my boys at the end of this wait, but there it was. And I soaked up. :)

About 15 minutes later I was on the road to Indianapolis to have the 797 notarized, copied, certified by the Secretary of State, and then sent off via UPS to be authenticated by the Consulate in Chicago. After 35 minutes of circling the block looking for parking spot, and then going to the wrong building (twice), I finally got everything done that I needed to. It was a HOT day, and my feet were killing me (why oh why did I wear flip flops), but I just kept singing a made up tune, "I'll do anything for you my baby girl. Anything to find you my baby girl.". :)

I read this today and it made me smile - imaging our world -- and hers -- one year from now. :)


2 comments:

  1. So excited to get your comment! More excited to see that you guys are adopting!! Wow, that is so awesome. Now I know how to be in prayer for you all. I'll keep up with how it's going for your via your blog. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Adam! We've been dreaming of this for so long we're thrilled to have our adoption journey started! :)

    ReplyDelete