Friday, November 1, 2013

Enter My World

It's such a strange thing to invite people to enter into this crazy, expensive, long, and kinda-makes-you-nutty world of orphan care/ foster care / adoption... especially when we haven't yet seen the light at the end of the tunnel for ourselves. But I feel this "calling", if you will, to be a voice for these kids. These precious, innocent kids that need families and are DEEPLY loved by God.

I've shared this before, but it just sums up all that swirls around in my head...

"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes” -David Platt

It's hard to put your passion out there for the world and just trust God that He will move in the hearts of those who he has called.  I just want to snap my fingers and see everyone have this same passion. But I'm learning a lot about letting go, and just trusting.

And I'm seeing such cool glimmers of hope in our church. One (pretty awesome) family in our church, in particular, was moved by this past week during our Orphan Sunday. So much in fact that they have been working like crazy since then to complete an application (that included arranging and completing a visit from a social worker!) in THREE days... so that their family can GIVE UP THEIR CHRISTMAS... to host two orphan girls from Latvia this winter.

Oh. my. goodness.

I am SO in awe of how he's moved in this family... to such a dramatic action for the sake of two little girls on the other side of the world that they have never met. Two girls who will get to experience His love within the sphere of this (did I mention they are amazing) family. Without hosting, these girls have almost 0% chance of being adopted, but with hosting, their chances of finding a permanant family (by the host family or another family in our community) jumps to 65-70%! 

Isn't that just so AWESOME?!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment