Friday, November 1, 2013

Where it all Began...

These are the faces... the ones that God used to start a stirring in my soul... that would become our lives today.

In 2003 - over TEN years ago, BJ and I were in this orphanage in the Dominican Republic. Holding and playing with kids that were desperate for attention and love. To know that they MATTERED.


It was at THIS moment that I realized I could give a child a home, a family, and show them love. Even as a college student with not much to speak of (we weren't even engaged yet, living in our college houses and borrowing money for pizza.)


I see now so clearly how God used this trip to help shape our family and show love to this little girl in China that we still don't yet know. 


These are children trying to get into the van with us as we left - event CLIMBING INSIDE - with people they just met. My heart still breaks for them and wonders where they are now. Whatever happened to these little ones within nothing and no one?

No comments:

Post a Comment