Monday, April 7, 2014

When the Thunder Rolls

It's strange the things that bring my mind to Lainey these days. Our eyes have been opened and our hearts wrecked for the orphans around the world. This morning, as the thunder rolled outside, it was all I could do to stop myself from crying. Just a couple of days ago I read in The Connected Child about how a fear of thunderstorms is very common in children coming from an institution. I imagine her hearing the loud booms, but with too many babies for each caregiver to comfort, she is alone in her fear. It tears my heart to think of our precious girl, and the millions of other precious children who have no Mommy to snuggle them close, dry their tears, and tell them everything will be alright.

So it's probably not too strange that one of my latest prayers for her is that there are no more thunderstorms in her hometown until we can bring her home. Would you pray this with me?

...and for us to be able to get her in May? :)

And, while you're at it - I two have two friends (through the magic of Facebook) on my heart. My friend Brooke, who has been waiting and waiting for LOA (an important step that is taking a very long time for them), and my friend Melanie, who is waiting to be matched with her daughter. These waits are so hard - would join me in prayer for them (and their sweet children) as well?

2 comments:

  1. This tears me up inside, its almost too much to process. Praying that things are going smoothly right now with your paperwork, and the paperwork for the next steps of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, I just saw this! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for including us in your prayers!! <3

    ReplyDelete