Sunday, December 22, 2013

3 Months DOWN!

We have crossed the three-month mark in our wait for "the call"! In total now, we have been in the process to bring home our daughter for 12 months, and now we have been able to be matched off of the "shared list" (list of children issued by the Chinese government and shared by different agencies) for 3 months.



We have gotten a bit of a reality check last week. All along, I had been expecting to wait 6 months for our match, but when our dossier was logged in we were told it could be 4-6 months. I tried, REALLY, I did, to NOT get my hopes up for a 4-month wait instead of a 6-month one. But slowly hope creeped in. This week I was on one of my MANY adoption facebook groups, and a girl posted that she had been waiting for almost 2 YEARS for her match - and she had a VERY similar child profile to us. This had me more than a little freaked out. So I contacted our agency to get a better picture of where we stood in our wait. Thankfully, they still expect 6 months (but sadly, not 4).

So, we will set our sights on March. Right now that seems like a million years away, but I know soon enough it will be here. We can't wait to see her face for the first time, and to learn all we can about this sweet girl we have been praying for. :)

1 comment:

  1. I pray for you all every day. For that sweet girl, waiting to meet her forever family, and for her parents and brothers to have the patience to see her face to face. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete