Friday, March 28, 2014

Lainey's Room

Our baby girl has never known what it is to have a family. A Mommy to rock her to bed, a Daddy to play peek-a-boo and hug, or brothers to play with and be protected by.

Soon, so so soon she will have all that every child deserves. The love of a family. I'd say at 14 months, she's waited long enough. My heart is completely broken for those sweet little ones who have waited year after year and may never know what is to be called daughter or son.

While we wait, there's not much we can do for our sweet Lainey right now, besides pray, pray some more, and prepare. So this past weekend we started work on transforming her room just for her. I haven't had a chance to do much creative work for my babies, since the last two times a baby was on the way I was stuck in bed. It was such a blessing for me to be able to create for her - almost everything in this space. Her blanket, pillows, pennant banner, paintings, dolls, bunny rabbit, and dollhouse. I hope as she's in this space made for her she can feel the love we have for her.









1 comment:

  1. So, so cute! I'm so happy that you've been able to do all of these things for her. You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete