Saturday, May 31, 2014

Homecoming

It's been a loooong couple of days, but we are so thrilled to have Lainey finally HOME!

I can't even get my days straight at this point because of the time change, but we left Hong Kong early Friday morning (12 hours ahead of our time here), and got home at around 7:30pm in Cincinnati. We traveled all in all for about 24 hours. The 15 hour flight from Hong Kong to Cincinnati was tough (tears were shed by both Lainey and momma), but we survived. The hardest part was that BJ and I weren't able to be seated together, and since Lainey doesn't like to be out of my sight when she's tired, I had her almost the entire flight. But our saving grace... the airline arranged it so the only empty seat on the plane was next to me, so I had a place to put our things, put Lainey, and let Lainey lay down when she slept. We didn't opt for this originally because the extra seat would have cost us around $800, but we ended up with the seat anyway, and it was HUGE! And Lainey did really well considering. That's a REALLY long time to be stuck on a plane, especially when you are an active toddler lacking sleep!



We made it to Chicago, then through immigration (after waiting 35 minutes for the ONLY immigration officer to come back from lunch break... grrr), and then onto our flight home to Cincinnati. It was so awesome to have some family and friends waiting to greet Lainey after our long trip, and especially to see our baby boys! We missed them SO SO much in the 2 1/2 weeks we've been gone, and it's so awesome to have our family back together.



We are so proud of Canaan, he has been such a sweetheart to our baby girl, and it's so apparent that he gets it, as much as any four year old could.

"This is such a good day! I love this day!" (said over and over)

"I'm so happy! Before Lainey didn't have a family, but now she DOES have a family!"

While changing Lainey into her pajamas, she cried, and Canaan came close to her face, pet her head and said, "It's okay Lainey, it won't hurt. I love you. Woe Eye Nee. Woe shin yee guhguh." (I love you. I am your brother.) Then, "Lainey I like your jammies. Look, they have pockets!".

"Before we were a FOUR family, but now our family has FIVE people in it!"

"I really like my sister. She's good!"

Being home now, with my family sleeping (I should be too, but you know... jet lag) soundly all together in the same house... it feels like all is right with the world.

We are immeasurably blessed!




3 comments:

  1. My heart is overflowing with joy for your family (and ours as a whole big family!). Love you all so much! I was so so blessed to be a part of this momentous day! Canaan was right. It WAS a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just eat her!!

    melanie's sun,
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Melanie! :) He's going to be such a great guh guh!! :)

    ReplyDelete