Tuesday, May 20, 2014

New Baby Bliss

Having Lainey now, it's crazy how much this feels like the newborn stages we had with the boys. Part of that is the vigilant attention we are giving her, part is the fatigue (from less sleep and still a little jet lag), but mainly it's the bliss. My heart is so full and so happy. And right now, as I write this, she's sleeping - and I can't wait for her to wake up. :) I want to hear her giggles again and hold her close as I feed her. :)

There are two little things I want to write down so I don't forget, thought they are random in this blog post.

First, whenever we feed her the glorious Cheerios (that make everything all better), she opens her little mouth a teeny tiny bit and waits for us to feed her. She feels in those moments like a little baby bird to us. She's so sweet. :) 

Also yesterday, as we were waiting our turn to finalize our adoption, our guide Cathy (who is Chinese), said that the date, 5/20, in Chinese is like the words Woe Eye Nee (that's my phonetic spelling), or "I love you". She said that for that reason, 5/20 is a popular date in China to get married. I just thought that was so cool. What a special date to make it official that she's ours. :)

1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing AGAIN! I just can't get over how perfect she is!

    ReplyDelete